New year, new you! Right?
Maybe your new year's resolution was to avoid getting drunk on the weekdays. Or, to stop taking shots like a 20 something year old in college, with nothing to lose and everything to gain? Yeah, that last one sounds more realistic!
Well, thankfully I’ve found the perfect adult-like feeling “drink” for you - Strawberry Champagne Jello Shots! Yes, it’s still technically a shot. But, it’s a classy, edible, shot! I mean, there’s champagne in it - nothing says, “class” like champagne.
You no longer have to feel like a trashy sorority girl while throwing a few back! Now, you can feel like a middle-aged woman, on a tropical beach, “taking” shots because you’re on vacay (without your hubby and kids….YES!).
Before I share this recipe with you, I want to give you fair warning - it’s going to take more than 5 minutes to create these jello shots.
You might’ve thought it would be as simple as cutting a hole in a strawberry and pouring champagne and jello in it. Unfortunately, it's not (but that might be an interesting thing to try).
It’s going to take some prep work to pull off these Strawberry Champagne Jello Shots. But, I’m sure you’ll be up to the challenge. If not tonight, then maybe the next time you’re on a tropical vacay ;).
- 1 bottle (750 mL) pink champagne
- 1 (3 oz.) box strawberry jello
- 3 envelopes Knox gelatin
- Place the Jello mix and plain gelatin in a bowl and stir to mix. Pour in 1 cup of boiling water and stir until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Slowly pour in 3 cups of chilled champagne. Stir gently. Allow the bubbles to pop until the surface is almost bubble free. Pour the Jello mix into an 8×8 (or close in size) glass dish. Cover and chill until firm (about 4 hours or over night).
- Once the Jello has completely set, use a sharp knife to cut into 24 squares. Serve chilled!
Recipe taken from BudgetBytes
This is the easiest and tastiest recipe I found for Strawberry Champagne Jello Shots. Like I said, it’s going to take a little work to make these yummy edible shots. But, it'll definitely be worth it!